Posted in , , , , , ,

Newport Wedding

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 11:53 PM


I hope all of you in the U.S. enjoyed your day off in celebration of work! J and I headed down to Newport, RI, where we attended a very fancy wedding for one of his childhood friends and her new husband. The reception site was on a cliff overlooking the ocean, there was a raw bar with delicious oysters, and the band was great. And the newlyweds looked incredibly happy, so that was nice, too. Plus, J and I celebrated our first year of marriage with a weekend in Newport, and we really enjoyed revisiting the place.

I normally wouldn't tuck in a gathered top and then add a belt for maximum torso-shortening, but a quick spot-cleaning didn't work as well as it had the last time. By the time that became clear, I'd already resolved to wear this outfit, so I just tucked in the top instead to hide the damp spot and the lingering oil stain.

pic name pic name

Pink blouse, New York & Co.
Ivory camisole, Macy's
Art Deco necklace, thrifted
Polka dot skirt, Ann Taylor (eBay)
Stretchy belt, thrifted
Pumps, Nine West (thrifted)

Leave Comment