Posted in , ,

10 Ways to Wear a Brown Tweed Skirt

Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:57 AM

I last wore this skirt back in late winter, but rather than write this post sometime in the spring or summer, I decided to wait until it would be more relevant. Now I'm looking forward to pulling this out of the basement, along with the other fall and winter clothes that have been packed away.

It's a fairly basic high-waisted, A-line skirt in a smooth-ish brown tweed with flecks of colors like pink, yellow and green. I don't like wearing brown all that much, but I've hung onto this skirt because I like the tweed, the shape and the way it looks in mixes of neutral shades. I may also try it with my mint green cardigan or shades of pink in the coming weeks.

pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

I purchased this skirt for $60 at Urban Outfitters back in college, maybe in 2006.

Comments

Anonymous

$60 seems like a lot, but for something that lasts six or seven years, it turns out to be a hell of a deal. You've just got to make sure you're dropping that money on the right items. (And you did, considering how well and varied and beautifully you've used this skirt).

Susan @ Thoroughly ME

$60 especially seemed like a lot when I was in college. It was probably twice as much as I had ever spent on a skirt up to that point. I wasn't thinking about versatility at the time, but it did turn out well!

Leave Comment