Posted in

Thrift Finds for August

Saturday, August 31, 2013 2:57 PM

I'm feeling pretty dissatisfied with my wardrobe right now. This summer I've gotten rid of many more clothes than usual in a season, through a combination of consignment, donations and throwing away things that were just worn out. I think all this culling is both cause and effect for my dissatisfaction; I don't want to wear the things I got rid of, but having fewer items to choose from is also a problem.

Thrifting hasn't helped me much in this regard, partly because I haven't come across anything good and partly because I haven't figured out what sort of pieces I need to make my existing clothes more fun to wear. So this month I came away with only a pair of eminently versatile flats.

Gray flats, Liz Claiborne, Goodwill Augusta, $5

Leave Comment