Posted in , , , , ,

A Slight Mismatch

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:56 PM


How do you feel about wearing two colors that are similar but don't actually match? This cardigan is too short to wear with pants, so I needed to layer a tank top underneath it. I decided to wear this new red one and pair it with my red pumps, even though they weren't the same hue, and it was even more obvious in person than in these photos. I didn't worry too much about it, but do you think that slight mismatches are a problem?

pic name pic name

Print cardigan, LOFT (thrifted)
Necklace, Forever 21
Red tank top, Old Navy
Pants, J. Crew Minnie (thrifted)
Red pumps, Franco Sarto Uri (gift)

Comments

Anonymous

I think the slight mismatches make it more interesting. Exact matches are a little too '80s.

Experimental Beauty

I think they are far enough apart that they don't have to match perfectly. If they were touching, maybe not so much.

Susan @ Thoroughly ME

If a slight mismatch is more modern, anon, that's a spin I can latch onto. Experimental, I definitely agree that there's more leeway when two items aren't right next to each other.

Leave Comment