Posted in , , , , ,

11 Ways to Wear a Houndstooth Dress

Monday, August 19, 2013 4:02 PM

I try to keep track of how many times I've worn something so that I know when I get to 10, but sometimes I lose track. This is one of those times; when I started putting this post together, I realized there was an extra outfit. I hope you don't mind looking at 11 pictures instead of 10.

I love houndstooth, but it can be a little overwhelming over large swaths and too memorable in black and white. The lesser contrast in this black and gray makes it more subtle and easier to wear more often without people noticing.

There are some issues with the shape of this dress. The waist is too high, and the length, sleevelessness and neckline combine to make it a bit revealing for work. I ignored that a couple of times and wore the dress pretty much as-is, but for the most part I've dealt with those problems by layering, both under and over the dress. I think the black and gray work best mixed with neutrals, or with colors that are nearly neutrals, like light blue.

pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

This is a Target dress, purchased at the Goodwill near the Maine Mall for $5 last March.

Leave Comment