Posted in , , ,

10 Ways to Wear a Striped Boatneck Top

Monday, August 26, 2013 12:03 AM

This top has been my lesson against buying thrifted items that aren't quite right. I love the neckline, the colors and the stripes, so it shouldn't have taken me 18 months to wear this top in 10 blogged outfits. But when I bought it, the top had old, warped elastic around the neckline. I wore it that way several times, then ripped out the elastic and thought I'd fixed it with some iron-on hem tape. But the hem tape quickly came apart, so I had to find another solution. And without the elastic, the neckline is much wider, so then I had to add some bra strap holders to keep from having to adjust things all day. I think this might finally be suitable to wear.

I plan to wear it a lot more, too. Navy, white and stripes will go with anything in my wardrobe. The thick knit allows me to wear the top layered over button-front shirts, more like a sweater. The only outfit here I don't like is the first one, because the proportions are all out of whack. This top is short, so it works much better with a skirt (or with a longer shirt layered underneath). I think it's kind of funny how similar the last two pictures are.

pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

I purchased this Talbots top at the Goodwill in Falmouth in January 2012, for $5.

Leave Comment