Posted in , , , , ,

Short Cut

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 10:52 PM


It cost more than I expected to get this dress taken in. I thought it would be pretty inexpensive because there's no lining, but apparently the slight scoliosis that causes my waist to curve in more on one side also makes it difficult to get tailoring right. After I balked at the first estimates the tailor gave me, he offered this "short cut" for $28. I think he almost didn't want to do it, it was such a short cut.

Even though that significantly raised the price of a thrifted dress, and the fit is certainly not perfect, I was so happy wearing this dress today. For its first wearing I kept it simple, with just a pop of color in the shoes and lips to match (just one day after being down on bold lipstick in the summer). This getup was breezy and comfortable. I know I'll be able to find lots of different ways to wear this dress to get my full $33 worth.

pic name pic name

Embroidered dress, LOFT (thrifted)
Red pumps, Franco Sarto Uri (gift)

Leave Comment