Posted in , , , , , , , , ,

Non-Summer Boots

Monday, July 1, 2013 11:18 PM


After traveling this weekend (to my grandmother's 90th birthday party in North Carolina), I came down with a stomach bug and took a sick day today. So you get Friday's outfit, which I hadn't gotten around to posting.

It might as well have been today's outfit, though, because we had rain today, just like on Friday and most of last week, and there's more in the forecast for tomorrow. While it was on the cool side Friday (low 60s), it felt strange to put on boots in late June. But I just wanted my feet to be dry for once. I know there are summery boots, but they generally have features that would make them inappropriate for the rain, like perforations, peeptoes, pale leather or suede-like material. Some Hunter wellies would have been cute and comfortable, if I owned any.

Blouse, Charter Club (consignment)
Houndstooth dress, Target (thrifted)
Black booties, Target

Leave Comment