Posted in , ,

10 Ways to Wear a Black Midi Skirt

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 12:00 PM

It took me a year to wear this skirt the last three times. It's fantastically flattering because it sits at such a skinny part of my torso, and the (taffeta) fabric and details (i.e., lace trim near the bottom) are interesting, but I'm finding that black bottoms just don't do it for me. I have three solid black skirts, and the pencil skirt is the only one I wear regularly. I've worn this one twice this year, and the third one only once. Maybe the issue is that black pants/skirts are often defaults, so they seem boring. Black is also harsh with lots of colors, and this skirt seems kind of heavy for summer.

Anyway! Sorry to complain so much. I really like some of these outfits. Whatever the limitations of a solid black skirt, this one lends itself to some retro, very feminine outfits. And it has pockets!

pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

The skirt is vintage, thrifted from the Goodwill in Hooksett, NH, two years ago. $5, I think.

Comments

Experimental Beauty

This skirt looks amazing on you, no matter what you're wearing with it. I think my favorite is the top left. Your waist looks so tiny and it's very classy!

Susan @ Thoroughly ME

Yep, that's the high waist line, the high contrast and a flattering angle. I am skinny, but it's not that extreme!

Leave Comment