Posted in , ,

10 More Ways to Wear a Gray Pencil Skirt

Saturday, June 8, 2013 12:38 PM

I've been taking outfit photos for almost exactly two years (since 6/13/2011, my first day at my current job), so I'm coming around the track again on items I've already recapped in my "10 Ways" feature. The first is my gray pencil skirt (previously here), which is still going strong. Some of the stitching around the zipper is coming undone, so I'll need to get that fixed soon, but overall the skirt is in good shape for a clearance find from Target more than two years ago. And it has the best fit of any of my pencil skirts, hitting right at mid-knee and skimming my minimal curves without hugging them too tightly.

pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

Now that I look at these pictures all together, I'm realizing that I don't actually like several of these outfits (the monochromatic gray one is probably my favorite). I don't think it's the skirt's fault, though; I think it's so neutral and so versatile that I pull it out when I have no idea what to do with pieces that have no place in my wardrobe. I've gotten rid of the short-sleeved peach sweater and the blue blouse embroidered with flowers, I'm thinking of selling that Oscar de la Renta scarf because I don't like the shape of it, and I most likely won't be wearing dark tights with brightly colored shoes anymore. I'll have to watch out and not allow this skirt to enable me to wear terrible things.

Leave Comment