Posted in , , , , , , , ,

Outdoor Adventures

Monday, May 27, 2013 11:30 PM


This was my first adventure taking a self-portrait in public. I was about to take pictures this morning when I realized I'd left the camera in the car on Sunday after J and I went to see Rattlesnake Gorge and Rattlesnake Pool in western Maine and then stopped in Fryeburg for barbecue on the way back.

I was going to work early, so I figured I'd be home early enough to take pictures after work. But then I was there longer than expected, partly because of waiting for other people to send me things and partly because of why-am-I-working-on-a-holiday procrastination. The sun was about to start setting before I started my hour-long commute, so I pulled into an empty parking lot near the office and propped up the camera with my jacket to snap a few pictures.

They didn't come out all that well, what with the lighting and the ugly parking lot and the flat hair. It's a good thing the outfit was only mediocre, too.

Cardigan, Banana Republic (eBay)
Spotted blouse, New York & Co.
Bow necklace, Forever 21
Teal jeans, Target
Black flats, Ecco

Some pictures from our excursion on Sunday:

The gorge, with lots of water after the week of rain we just had
Rattlesnake Pool. I couldn't capture the brilliant green of the water.

Moose tracks! It's my aspiration to see moose in the wild.





Leave Comment