Posted in , , , ,

Linen

Thursday, May 2, 2013 10:59 PM


I'm not sure what Pantone means by "linen," but the little color swirl looks sort of tan/blush. I do not look good in that color, so these shoes are the closest thing I have. They're also the closest I may ever get to owning nude shoes, which I dislike for some reason I can't really articulate.

I find shoe selection difficult with outfits that are primarily blue like this one (and I wear a lot of blue!) because black isn't always right, and red can seem too patriotic or nautical. The fairly neutral color of these pumps is usually a good fit for blue outfits, and they also help lighten up spring and summer outfits.

pic name pic name

Plaid tunic, Myth NYC (thrifted)
Navy pencil skirt, thrifted vintage
Pumps, Nine West (thrifted)

Linking up with the Pantone challenge at The Modern Austen

Comments

14 Shades of Grey

I don't like nude shoes either. I think they're an easy, lazy choice when you don't know what shoes to pick, but they actually go really well with your outfit here!

Amelia Madelaine

Really really love your outfit here! Looks so great on you too. I have the same trouble with finding right shoes as well. I often will just revert to black. Think these are a great choice for the outfit here though. I may have to get a similar pair to this

Rebekah

I'm kind of with you on the nude shoe thing. It's the same reason nude nail polish freaks me out. Do you want to make your foot look shoe shaped or your fingernails look non-existent? I don't know. I guess people have different reasons for liking or not liking the nude-color trend.

Also, that skirt is really cute!

Marissa @ The Modern Austen

This outfit, like all of yours this week, is just perfect. I have nothing but praise about it! I agree with you about being unsure what color shoe to pair with a mostly-blue outfit, but your "linen-esque" colored pumps are just right.

Leave Comment