Posted in , , ,

10 Ways to Wear Black Cigarette Pants

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:34 AM

I searched for months for a pair of cropped, skinny black pants nice enough to wear to work. I tried on several pairs at lower-end stores, but nothing was right. I admired J. Crew's Minnie pants from afar. And though I thought they'd be endlessly versatile, I was too cheap to shell out for a pair. Well, it turns out that being a cheapskate was the right move in this case, because these babies turned up at Goodwill, priced at $8 and with the J. Crew tags still attached!

The stretchiness and the lack of pockets could make these pants look like leggings, but belt loops and a nice wool blend fabric that holds a crease mean the pants look professional enough for work. They're unlined, so I sometimes need to layer tights or long underwear underneath them in winter, but I can also wear them in the warmer months. The color and shape make the pants every bit the closet staple I thought they'd be. Unlike a pair of black trousers, I can tuck them into boots for warmth or pair them with flats for a gamine look. And the slim fit allows for volume on top with a boxy blazer or an oversized sweater.

pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

Linking up at Franish.

Comments

Andi

Score! I can't believe you found these at Goodwill!

Ana

Wow! These look great! I love, Love, LOVE the Audrey Hepburn look, you look so chic!

Ginny

Cute! I think the one with the red cardigan is my favorite, you looks great!
Ginny
mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

kimbercrafts

Wow, I can't believe you found these pants for only $8 - the fit is so perfect on you!

Leave Comment