Posted in , , ,

10 Ways to Wear Black and White

Friday, March 8, 2013 12:30 PM

Here's something a little different for this feature. Instead of showcasing one piece of clothing, I decided to round up some of the ways I've worn something that supposedly is trendy for spring 2013: black and white. I'll admit, I don't quite understand how a combination so basic and classic can be a trend. When I looked to see how many times I'd put together an outfit all in black and white, I think I came up with 16 of them. I culled a few but couldn't get down to 10, so this time you get a dozen outfits. Many of them are not very spring-like, but this pairing will always look good in any season.

When I wear a black-and-white pattern with a color, I prefer brights like pink, turquoise and, my favorite, red (I've mentioned before that our wedding colors were black, white and red). But some jewel tones also work, especially burgundy. Some of this can carry over to entirely black-and-white outfits; they're the perfect canvas for the "pop of color," whether it's added through accessories or simply a red lipstick. Another way to make black and white more interesting is with a pattern mix. The type and scale of the patterns don't really matter — because there are only two colors, you can't go wrong!

pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

Comments

xStroutx

Great looks! Black and white is such a classic combo, it's weird that I very rarely wear it...

Leave Comment