Posted in , , , , , , ,

Aeroplane

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:38 PM


How was everyone's long weekend? J and I packed in a lot, even staying close to home. There was dinner with his mom and stepdad, two movies, a New York Times Sunday crossword and, best of all, Jeff Mangum in concert! That was a show I thought I'd never get to see. He went a decade without touring, then announced a fairly limited run in fall 2011. There were shows in Cambridge and Boston, but tickets for both were scooped up by scalpers, and they resold for hundreds of dollars because of the pent-up demand. J and I were so disappointed.

But I guess Mangum has found touring more tolerable this time around, because he keeps going, and on Sunday he made it to Portland (it was supposed to be Feb. 9 but was postponed because of the blizzard). It was an amazing experience — just Mangum and his acoustic guitar, and Julian Koster on singing saw for two songs in the encore. The songs are sad, but the audience was so full of joy! And yeah, I cried.

pic name pic name

Turquoise sweater, Gap (thrifted)
White shirt, Banana Republic
Necklace, thrifted
Pencil skirt, The Limited (thrifted)
Houndstooth tights, Target
Mary Janes, MIA 2 Leonore (eBay)

Comments

xStroutx

I love your stockings! And am jealous of your long weekend :oP How great is it to see live music that moves you that way?

Leave Comment