Posted in , , , , ,

Potluck

Friday, December 21, 2012 11:00 PM


I enjoyed a good hair day today, thanks to the cut and blow-out I got on my day off on Thursday. It was a pretty productive day off; I caught up on sleep, caught up on TV with J before he went to work, did some reading, bought a whole lot of groceries and made two dishes for my office's Christmas potluck today. I knew I could count on other people to bring the sorts of foods we all like to indulge in at this time of year, especially sweets. I decided to provide some healthy alternatives: this citrus fruit salad, slightly tweaked (only a couple of tsp of sugar, so it would be more of a breakfast food than a dessert), and a plate of roasted vegetables (asparagus, eggplant, canned artichoke hearts and balsamic-glazed red onions). I got a few compliments on the vegetables, so I think other people appreciated taking a break from heavier foods as well.

pic name pic name

Turquoise cardigan, Target
Red miniskirt, Gap (thrifted)
Sweater tights, Target
Metallic flats, Bare Traps

Leave Comment