Posted in

Highs and Lows of 2012

Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:30 PM

I wouldn't have said that my style changed in 2012, but a clear patterned emerged when I reviewed my outfits of the last year to identify the best and worst. I can't put my finger on whatever shifted, but more of my least favorite outfits are from early in the year, while my favorites are heavily weighted toward the latter half of the year.

Other than the repeated appearance of some favorite garments, I can't really identify any common threads in my highlights from 2012. There are some simple outfits with few pieces, and others with lots of layering; there are bright colors and neutrals; pattern mixing and classic solids. And though my style is usually extremely feminine, there are even some masculine touches here and there.

Stripes, Dots and Diamonds
Blue and Gray
No Toes
Restraint
On Repeat
Teal, Magenta and Tomato Red
Now for Something Completely Different
Stripes and Flowers
Inspired Buys
A Layering Lesson
Floral Pink
Criminal Responsibility
Finally Fixed
EBEW: Back to School
Fall Fabrics
New Booties
Denim on Denim
Matching Optional
Stripes, Pearls and Studs
The J Word

I'm putting my least-favorite outfits behind a jump because I've already put enough photos on the main page with this post. These outfits are mostly awkward or boring. There are tops I shouldn't have tucked in, proportions that looked strange, colors that clashed and other things that looked much better in my head than in real life.



pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

Leave Comment