Posted in , , , , , , ,

Leftovers

Friday, November 30, 2012 11:30 PM


You guys. November is over. I guess that means it's my last chance to recap our Thanksgiving menu, which I meant to do days ago but have kept forgetting. J and I have pretty much finished off the leftovers. We like leftovers, so so we don't try to turn them into something else. Here's what I cooked/baked for last Thursday:

Parsnip soup (no recipe for this one, I just sauteed the vegetables, simmered them and then pureed everything; seasoned with lemon juice and cayenne powder)
Spinach and cheese puff (I don't know what a "puff" is, but this is somewhere between a gratin and a quiche.)
Sourdough stuffing with sausage, apples and raisins (a little fennel added, too)
Cornish hens with lemon and herbs (I doctored these a bit by using some tarragon-shallot compound butter I'd had in the freezer for awhile, rather than regular unsalted.)
Apple mosaic tart with salted caramel glaze (also makes a great breakfast)

pic name pic name

Gray turtleneck, Jones New York Sport (gift)
Glass bead necklass, thrifted
Black pants, J. Crew Minnie (thrifted)
Gray boots, Miz Mooz Journey

Leave Comment