Posted in , ,

10 Ways to Wear a White Button-Front Shirt

Sunday, November 18, 2012 10:07 AM

Here's another extremely basic piece of clothing. The white button-front shirt is so basic, in fact, that it's on nearly every list of must-have wardrobe items. The challenge is to keep basic from being boring. It looks like maybe I'm not doing a great job of that, as I've worn the shirt with neutrals nine times out of 10. I guess the timelessness of a white shirt guides me to assemble outfits that could more easily be described as "classic" than most of what I wear.

As to the garment itself, it's a fine specimen of the white button-front shirt. It's one of Banana Republic's fitted non-iron sateen shirts with a bit of stretch (how's that for a mouthful of descriptors?). I bought it two years ago when I had a 40 percent off coupon — I think the full $60 would have been tough for me to swallow for such a basic item. The fabric is soft and really doesn't wrinkle that much, and I love the fit, which is relaxed but nipped in just enough not to obscure my figure. The only feature I don't like as much is the collar, which is gigantic and has the tendency to curl up at the tips and to spread out really wide.

pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

Leave Comment