Posted in , , , , , , , , , ,

Good Jew, Bad Jew

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:21 PM


Yep, another scarf.

Also, I worked today (and wrote a blog post after services last night, obviously), which is a big no-no on Yom Kippur. I did fast starting last night, however, other than taking some hot tea on my morning commute because I thought I'd be dangerously sleepy otherwise — and even with the caffeine, I was still drowsy. Oddly, I didn't feel especially hungry most of the day, but I did find it increasingly difficult to focus on my work as the afternoon wore on. I am very grateful to have access to good food in my everyday life, and an experience like this provides a tangible example of why it's so important for schools to provide free meals to children who might not receive adequate nutrition at home.

pic name pic name

Striped cardigan, Target
Silk scarf, J. Crew (thrifted)
Brocade skirt, Old Navy (thrifted)
Elastic belt, thrifted
Black wedges, Bandolino (thrifted)

Leave Comment