Posted in , ,

10 Ways to Wear a Salmon Button-Front Shirt

Saturday, September 15, 2012 5:45 PM

This shirt is one of the oldest pieces in my wardrobe. In the summer of 2006, just before I began my first professional internship, I realized I owned absolutely no clothing appropriate for an office job. My mother generously took me shopping, and we picked up several items at New York & Company. I had never shopped there before, but clothes from that store came to form the core of my growing work wardrobe over the next couple of years. I haven't shopped there in quite a while, but I still have a few of the tops.

I describe this shirt as salmon-colored because the pink is just slightly tinged with orange. I have another shirt in the same style, purchased at the same time, that's in my bag of clothes destined for Goodwill because it wrinkles easily, and I think the stripes are somewhat dated. I last wore it here. I anticipate hanging onto the salmon one for awhile. The fabric has held up well, and I still like the color, so it doesn't bother me that the short is shorter than what you'd find in stores today or that the hem has a tendency to curl a bit by the end of the day. The sleeves are sort of an awkward length, so I always wear them rolled.

pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

Leave Comment