Posted in , , , , , ,

Gangster Style

Friday, August 3, 2012 11:02 PM

Thoroughly ME: salmon shirt and Liberty of London scarf tied ascot-style

Today I started with the bones of this outfit, leaving the shirt untucked to fix the problem I had last time. It definitely made the outfit feel more casual, which was appropriate for a Friday. As I've been doing more frequently, I grabbed a scarf to add some interest.

I decided to wear the scarf in a way I've wanted to try ever since we watched the first two "Godfather" movies several weeks ago (yes, though we're movie-lovers who both took multiple film classes in college, we somehow made it to our mid-20s without seeing them). In the second film, Michael wears a lot of ascots, like so. Ascots are so gangster.

Thoroughly ME: salmon shirt and Liberty of London scarf tied ascot-style Thoroughly ME: navy blue pencil skirt and Bare Traps metallic flats

Salmon shirt, New York & Co.
Scarf, Liberty of London (thrifted)
Navy pencil skirt, thrifted vintage
Metallic flats, Bare Traps

Leave Comment