Posted in , , , , , , ,

Wrinkles

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 11:57 PM


I've been meaning for awhile to buy a small garment steamer, but I just haven't gotten around to it. While taking photos this morning, I wished for one again. I did notice that this dress was a bit rumpled when I pulled it out of the closet this morning, but I smoothed it out, and it looked fine in the mirror. And then I started taking pictures. Has anyone else experienced this, where photography seems to highlight wrinkles that barely register in person? I've noticed it especially with silk clothing.

By contrast, I knew this scarf was wrinkled when I put it on. Although it too looks worse in pictures, it doesn't look great IRL, either. I'm not sure how to treat a lightweight polyester scarf. I don't want to melt it with an iron. Would throwing it in the dryer for a few minutes work?

pic name pic name

Pink scarf, Giordani (thrifted)
Navy cotton dress, J. Crew (thrifted)
Beaded belt, thrifted
Gray peeptoes, Nine West (thrifted)

Leave Comment