Posted in , , , ,

Our Time in Tampa

Monday, July 9, 2012 11:58 PM

ThoroughlyME: outfit with Gap pink spotted blazer

I snapped this photo in the 20 minutes between arriving home from a weekend in Tampa and heading back out the door for an evening shift at work. It was just long enough to change, put on mascara, take a dozen photos and grab an apple to eat in the car.

Our long weekend was certainly a busy one. Tampa is my mother's hometown, the city where my parents met and still the place where most of my mother's relatives live. We flew down on Friday morning for the wedding of one of my cousins, but there was also smoked mullet and homemade root beer, a driving tour of my family's history in Tampa, mosquito bites, lots of Italian food, oppressive heat and humidity, relaxation at the hotel with a crossword and "Easy Rider," a baby to hold and a trip to the emergency room. Although I don't much care for Florida and really don't like Tampa, I was so happy to be down there this weekend. Now that my parents don't live in Florida anymore, I really have to take any opportunity I can get to visit.

Pink printed blazer, Gap (thrifted)
Collar necklace, Forever 21
Gray pencil skirt, Target
Pink and orange pumps, Liz Claiborne

Leave Comment