Posted in , , , , , ,

A Layering Lesson

Thursday, July 12, 2012 11:30 PM


This probably should have been obvious, but today I figured out that when layering necklaces, a neckline can sub in for one of the lengths. Along with these two necklaces, I initially put on a string of big, black beads that fell just past the point of my neckline, and it just didn't look right. I thought I'd have to take all three necklaces off and start over, but I removed the black one first and realized that this top's neckline perfectly fills the gap between the long and short necklaces, creating a visual line that connects them.

pic name pic name

Necklaces, thrifted
Printed blouse, New York & Co.
Bracelet, White House Black Market (eBay)
Skinny studded belt, thrifted
Gray linen skirt, Lily Stanhope (thrifted)
Mary Janes, MIA Leonore (eBay)

Leave Comment