Posted in , , , , , , , ,

Inspired Buys

Thursday, July 5, 2012 11:02 PM

ThoroughlyME: black and white pattern mixing outfit with polka dot skirt

Christine at Future Lint has a pair of gray Mary Janes that give me a twinge of envy every time she wears them. Coincidentally, I recently decided to replace my oldest shoes and set up an eBay search for black patent Mary Janes. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, just a cute pair with a nicely rounded toe and a decently sturdy heel that was high enough not to be frumpy. I was pretty delighted when one day my search turned up these shoes, a black version of Christine's Mary Janes. I was even happier when they arrived and appeared to have been worn only once or twice. Seriously, I think I put more wear on them today than they already had.

Anyway, I also have a khaki skirt that I tracked down on eBay after seeing another blogger wear it, but I don't typically search for specific items that I see on other people. Usually it's something more general, like the various chambray shirts that other bloggers incorporated into outfits, prompting me to search thrift stores for several months before finally springing for a new one. Do you get inspired to seek out particular pieces of clothing or accessories?

ThoroughlyME: black and white pattern mixing outfit with polka dot skirt ThoroughlyME: MIA Leonore Mary Janes

Printed blouse, Charter Club (consignment)
Elastic belt, thrifted
Bangles, Amrita Singh (via giveaway)
Polka dot skirt, Ann Taylor (eBay)
Mary Janes, MIA Leonore

Leave Comment