Posted in , , , , , ,

Two-Tone Tennessee Tuxedo

Sunday, June 3, 2012 10:52 PM


Outfit post, a day late. Since waking up at 4 a.m. yesterday, this is the first time we have not been on the move or sleeping — and also with wi-fi.

I think the usual term is "Texas tuxedo" (or "Canadian tuxedo"), but these pictures were taken in Nashville, so I've renamed my denim-on-denim duds. Although apparently, Tennessee Tuxedo has its own meaning: it's the name of a cartoon penguin from the 1960s.

J and I flew into Nashville to attend the wedding of one of his good friends from high school last night. We took a couple of extra days off to drive up into Kentucky and Mammoth Cave National Park. More posts on all of that later!

Chambray shirt, American Eagle
Black T-shirt, Hanes
Faux turquoise necklace thrifted
Skinnies, Celebrity Pink Jeans (consignment)
Black flats, Ecco


P.S. I gave myself some nice bruises on my left knee and shin when clambering up onto the base of this sculpture.

Leave Comment