Posted in , , , , , ,

Joined by Weather, Separated by a Year

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:30 PM

ThoroughlyME: all-gray outfit with military blazer

Today was another gray, damp, foggy day in late spring/early summer, and I decided to go with an all-gray ensemble, with just a couple of bits of black. This sort of weather appears to be totally normal for Maine in May and June — certainly, it was similar to this last June 13. I remember because it was my first day at the job I have now, and also the day I started taking outfit pictures. My inaugural picture is below.

ThoroughlyME: gray cableknit sweater outfit ThoroughlyME: black Ecco flats

Military blazer, Express (thrifted)
Gray sweater, Macy's brand (thrifted)
Black necklace, thrifted
Gray pants, New York & Co.
Metal belt, thrifted
Black flats, Ecco


Same pants and flats, but that was unintentional. I still have the belt, but I had to toss the sweater when it developed huge holes in the arms the second or third time I washed it. It looked fine when I picked it up at the Goodwill in Hooksett, N.H., last spring and also after the first laundering when I first brought it home. I think, however, that it must have had some tiny moth holes that I didn't notice at the time and that grew larger during subsequent trips through the washer and dryer. I briefly worried that the moths might be in my closet, but I found no any evidence of them before or since, so I think I'm ok!

Leave Comment