Posted in

Horseback Riding in Kentucky

Sunday, June 24, 2012 10:56 PM

Like a lot of little girls, I was crazy about horses when I was young. My family didn't have the money to actually put me on a horse, so my love for them manifested itself in lots of drawing and reading all the Black Beauty books and Marguerite Henry's novels. I did go to a weeklong horse camp once and at least one trail ride with my family, but it had been years. When J and I first started planning our trip to Mammoth Cave National Park, the first thing I told him I wanted to do was to ride a horse.

J and I took a one-hour trail ride on a piece of private property adjacent to the park. It was just the two of us and the guide. We'd left our camera battery in its charger back at the hotel (fortunately, we were only a few miles away, so we were able to retrieve it afterward), so we took pictures with J's iPhone. The phone's camera didn't handle movement too well, so a lot of our pictures came out blurry, but here are some of the best.

My horse, Patches



Our guide, Josh
J's horse was named Kicker because he needed a kick to get him going. J spent a lot of the ride way behind us.

Leave Comment