Posted in , , , , , ,

Dullsville

Monday, June 25, 2012 11:30 PM


I'll admit that this is a fairly blah outfit. I'm still bored with pants, but my legs won't tolerate shaving often enough for me to wear skirts and dresses every day. So I had to put together a pants-based outfit this morning, and I was feeling no inspiration.

Why bother sharing it, then? Many style bloggers, including some of my favorites, don't post daily. But I feel that following that path would, ironically, put more pressure on me. Sure, on workdays when I don't post an outfit, I could wear whatever the hell I want, without worrying about putting together something new or interesting. But then wouldn't that mean that the outfits I choose to blog would really have to be special?

I don't pretend that I'm doing anything great here (at least, I hope it doesn't come off that way); I'm just trying to have fun with clothes and turn getting dressed for work into a bit of a creative outlet. So I'll have ups and downs, just like any other regular person. Today was a down, but that just means I need to shrug it off and try for something better tomorrow.

pic name pic name

Gray striped cardigan, Target
Necklace, thrifted
Bangles, Amrita Singh (via giveaway)
Pinstriped pants, LOFT
Gray pumps, Nine West (consignment)

Leave Comment