Posted in

Thrift Finds for April

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 11:20 PM

I called in sick with intense stomach pains and some nausea today, so there's no outfit.

I also don't have a lot to show for my thrifting trips this month, though I made plenty of them. Right now I'm really only interested in patterns and bright colors, and I just didn't find much that appealed to me. Then there's the fact that I'm trying to save some money, which also helped to tamp down on temptations. I did shell out for a new necklace and pair of shoes in bright colors, but I made only one purchase of secondhand clothing.

Houndstooth miniskirt, Find Portland, $7
More thrifted houndstooth here and here. I'm not sure of the brand of this skirt because someone tried to cut out the tag. But there's a little scrap left that appears to begin with "T," and this is the same size as my other thrifted skirt from The Limited, so that would be my guess.


Rocks glass, Goodwill Falmouth, $1 each
My barware collection is complete! It hadn't been too difficult to find cocktail glasses and champagne flutes, but rocks glasses were another matter. I kept coming across ones that were ugly or scratched or that had no heft to them. And then occasionally I'd find one or two that would have been perfect if there had been four of them. So I was thrilled when I came across these. They make bourbon seem extra-sophisticated.


Leave Comment