Posted in , , , , , , ,

Still Unfurnished

Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:30 PM

Thoroughly ME: striped cardigan and Gap khaki skirt

J and I have lived in three two-bedroom apartments since graduating college four years ago: one in Ohio and two here in Portland. And in all that time, we have never had furniture in our second bedroom.

We owned no furniture when we moved to Ohio, so furnishing our apartment was a gradual process. We never bothered with the second bedroom because there was never any reason for anyone to come visit us in that small town surrounded by corn and soybean fields. And then shortly after we moved to Portland, my mom got a job in Concord, N.H., and started making plans to move up this way. Back in August, I went back to Florida and packed up my bedroom in the house where my parents had lived since I was 13. My parents said they would give us the furniture once they sold the house and brought everything up here.

The new owners closed on the house last month, and my furniture, along with boxes of books and china I'm claiming, is sitting in a storage unit in Concord. J had the day off today and had planned to move it to our apartment, but when I called home on my commute and asked him how it had gone, he told me, "It didn't go." Apparently something came up for the men who were supposed to help J. That second bedroom is still empty.

Thoroughly ME: Aeropostale striped cardigan Thoroughly ME: Gap khaki skirt and Nine West peach pumps

Striped cardigan, Aeropostale (thrifted)
Yellow tank top, J Crew
Necklace, thrifted
Khaki skirt, Gap (eBay)
Peach pumps, Nine West (thrifted)

Comments

Leave Comment