Posted in , , , , , , , , ,

My Fake Boyfriend

Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:38 PM


I think of this as my boyfriend blazer, but that's not what it is. It's a Banana Republic woman's blazer in my normal size, but I think it must be several years old. Men's suits have become more slim-cut since Mad Men premiered in 2007, and I imagine something similar has happened with women's suits. I could be totally wrong, but I know that it's longer, boxier and roomier than a Banana Republic blazer I bought new in 2010. And check out those huge lapels!

Considering the cut of this blazer, it looks best with miniskirts or skinny pants — something to counter the way it obscures my figure on my top half. Too much volume on the bottom and it can get a little frumpy. I wasn't sure if I could pair the blazer with this A-line skirt, but I think the fact that it falls a couple of inches above the knee makes it work.

pic name pic name

Blazer, Banana Republic (thrifted)
Circle brooch, vintage
Ivory peasant blouse, Old Navy
Bracelet, White House Black Market (eBay)
Linen blend skirt, Lily Stanhope (thrifted)
Pink and orange pumps, Liz Claiborne

Leave Comment