Posted in , , , ,

A Belated Anniversary

Monday, May 7, 2012 11:14 PM


On May 2, 2011, I interviewed for my current job, wearing essentially these clothes. I'd meant to recreate the outfit on the precise anniversary, but a) I was sick that day, and b) it was too chilly and damp last week for bare legs.

When I put this outfit together a year ago, I was going for something professional (blouse and pencil skirt) but still a bit unusual (the purple and red, although this is downright demure compared to my latest pairing of those two colors). I think I wore pearls on the day of, but today I subbed in this necklace I bought in Janaury because it goes better with the belt, which makes the whole outfit seem a bit more intentional.

pic name pic name

Purple blouse, Van Heusen (thrifted)
Art Deco necklace, thrifted
Gray pencil skirt, Target
Black patent belt, Target
Red loafers, Rampage (eBay)

Leave Comment