Posted in , , , ,

10 Ways to Wear a Polka Dot Skirt

Friday, May 18, 2012 3:00 PM

After last year's Everybody Everwear: Polka Dots, I decided that I NEEDED a polka dot skirt. I set up a saved search on eBay and waited several weeks for something that fit my criteria: knee-length, black or navy blue background, small white dots of even size and spacing. This silk skirt from Ann Taylor showed up after several weeks and became the first of many polka-dotted items I've since purchased.

I actually was a little unhappy when the skirt arrived in the mail because the dots are ivory, not white, but it's really not noticeable, even when worn with white. This skirt is perfect for the black-and-white pattern mixes that I love so much (though there's only one here). As with other black-and-white patterns, I find that it works best with neutrals and bright colors. I'm not a big fan of the outfit with the green sweater. Another thing I'm noticing here is that I wore the skirt most frequently with my Mary Janes. The skirt is so girly and frilly; it seems to call for feminine, soft-looking shoes as well.

pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

Comments

.Candy.

you can never have too many dots! you look cute in all of em! ;)

♥♥

IntoxicatedChameleon

Leave Comment