Posted in , ,

10 Ways to Wear a Navy Pencil Skirt

Saturday, May 5, 2012 12:00 PM

Here's another fairly basic item — and another that was in my 30x30 last year. I promise that I'll soon get to some slightly more challenging garments in this "10 Ways" series.

This skirt does have some fun details on the front: buttons, pleats and these criss-crossing flap thingies. They make it a little difficult to wear untucked tops with the skirt, which is why everything here is tucked (though I noted at the time I posted about the next-to-last outfit that the tucking was a mistake).

I've worn mostly blue and white with this skirt. It's pretty easy, considering all the blue I have in my closet. I have, however, branched out with color a couple of times, and I plan to do more of that in future wearings. The other issue I run into with the skirt is footwear color, which tends to confound me with any outfit based around blue, especially navy blue. Looking at these outfits, I see that I've relied too much on my dark red, kitten-heeled loafers.

pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

Leave Comment