Posted in

Thrift Finds for January

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 12:00 PM

This was a good thrifting month for me, partly because I put more time into it than usual. I figured that there might be more good stuff in the stores because of people clearing out their closets, cabinets and chests of drawers after the holidays. I don't know if it worked out that way, but several trips to thrift and consignment stores turned up plenty of loot for me.

Gap wool tank top/sweater vest, Goodwill Augusta, $2
I had been looking casually for a sweater vest in charcoal gray or navy. My patience paid off when I found this one for half off.


Liberty of London silk floral scarf, Goodwill Falmouth, $8
I'm not crazy about florals, but this scarf is woven from a lovely silk, in rich colors, and is a square in a versatile size. Yes, please.


Talbots striped T-shirt, Goodwill Falmouth, $5
Always more stripes. Always.


Gray plaid scarf, Goodwill Falmouth, $3
This appeared to be a gift someone didn't want. It still had a J.C. Penney tag attached, but the bottom part, where the actual price would be, was torn off.


Nine West brown and bronze flats, Goodwill Falmouth, $4
As I said when I wore these shoes, I may return them for comfort reasons. But they're cute, right?


Coral-colored beaded necklace, Goodwill Topsham, $5
I needed more color in my necklace collection, so this was a perfect addition.


Metal and enamel Art Deco necklace, Goodwill Topsham, $8
Simple, lovely. Art Deco is one of my favorite styles.


Metal link belt, Goodwill Topsham, $2
I'd hit a dry spell in thrifting belts. Thin belts work best on me, but most of the ones I find in thrift stores are medium or wide. And most are black or brown, which I have covered. This one is a nice change of pace.


LOFT red v-neck sweater, Material Objects, $8
My old red sweater is at the dry cleaner; from there, it will be off to Goodwill. This one will do nicely as a replacement.


Forever 21 cropped black blazer, Find (Portland), $11
I still need to figure out the ideal proportions for wearing this thing, but I like having a blazer that doesn't cover as much of my figure as many others do.


Circular brooch, antique store on Congress, $8
This is my first brooch. I've tried wearing it a couple of times, but it's rather large. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

 
Banana Republic cotton cardigan, Goodwill Portland, $5
I dropped off a few boxes and bags at the Forest Avenue Goodwill on Sunday and just had to look around inside. This is one of the things I walked out with. I'm loving hot pink right now.


Studded belt, Goodwill Portland, $2
I've never worn pyramid studs before. For $2, I'm happy to experiment.

Leave Comment