Posted in

Thrift Finds for February

Thursday, March 1, 2012 11:30 AM

None!

Well, no clothes anyway. After about $70 worth of thrifting in January, I figured that 1) I had enough new clothes to keep me interested for awhile; and 2) I ought to save some money, especially because this month brought some purchases of new clothes, both planned and unplanned. I ended up spending more than I had hoped on a nice winter hat, which was pricey even after a sale and a gift certificate; some gloves, to replace the ones I dropped on the walk from our apartment to the Portland Stage; and two turtlenecks, a tank top and a pair of tights from Target.

So, I didn't thrift any clothes, but I did bring home these:

Cocktail glasses, $1 each
I sometimes mix cocktails at home, and I'm tired of drinking them out of juice glasses. It just doesn't feel right. But I also wasn't interested in shelling out any significant cash. Since I started thrifting, I've kicked myself for spending the money to buy things like a napkin holder or our onion/potato/garlic bowl new. Thrift stores are a great source for housewares, especially basic items that people don't necessarily want to keep through a move, or that they replace when redecorating.

Just like I now do with clothes, I will always stop at the thrift store first when buying something for our home. Now that I have my cocktail glasses, I'm looking for four-piece sets of champagne flutes and heavy-bottomed rocks glasses.

Leave Comment