Posted in , , , , , ,

My New Old Skirt

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:23 PM

 

Though I adore this skirt, I haven't worn it in two months. The last time I washed it, even though I followed the instructions on the tag, it shrank so that the lining was longer than the main layer of the skirt; I don't sew, so I had to take it to a tailor to shorten the lining. I actually picked up the skirt at the end of January, but in the meantime it had been out of sight, out of mind. Without the skirt in my closet, I had stopped brainstorming outfits for it. And with all the thrifting I did in January, I had plenty of other things to wear. It's now time to put this skirt back into rotation, especially as winter draws to a close.

Want to know a secret? This sweater is a bit roomy at the point where it tucks into the skirt, so to keep it from blousing out too much, I tucked it into my tights. Fortunately, the top of these tights is virtually the same shade of gray as the sweater, so I didn't have to worry about it peeking above the waist of the skirt.

pic name pic name

Gray Turtleneck, Jones New York Sport (gift)
Knotted necklace, Forever 21
Tomato red skirt, Modcloth
Black patent belt, thrifted
Houndstooth tights, Target
Black boots, Aerosoles

Leave Comment