Posted in , , , , , ,

Acclimation

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:59 PM


When I started to wear necklaces to work, about a year ago, I owned very few of them. This was one; I had bought it to go with the dress I wore to my sister-in-law's wedding, and I think I had worn it only that once. When I put it on as part of a work outfit the first time, I worried the whole day that it was too bold and looked tacky and like I was trying too hard.

But now that I'm much more used to wearing patterns and bright colors and accessories, this is just another necklace. So unremarkable, in fact, that today I went with the big necklace and the big belt. Of course, I'm all in black and gray here, but hey. Baby steps.

pic name pic name

Turtleneck, Jones New York Sport (gift)
Necklace, White House Black Market (eBay)
Elastic belt, thrifted
Black pants, Banana Republic (eBay)
Gray pumps, Nine West (consignment)

Leave Comment