Posted in , ,

10 Ways to Wear a Blue Button-Front Shirt

Friday, February 24, 2012 12:00 PM

Now that I've been taking outfit photos for a while (since June, though I didn't start blogging until November), I thought I'd take a look back at some of the ways I've styled my most-worn items of clothing. First up is this New York & Co. blue button-front shirt.

I thrifted this shirt last spring from a Goodwill in Ohio. I took advantage of a five for $10 deal, so it was only two bucks, and it's one of my favorite thrift finds. It's comfortable, the fabric stays crisp, and the color seems to go with everything. Of course, now that I put all these pictures together, it appears I've paired it only with neutrals, other than my pink jeans — and the burgundy cardigan, but that's practically a neutral.

The shirt was one of my items for the summer 30x30, which is the only one I've done. The first three outfits are from that challenge. The first two, actually, I wore the same day: one to work and one to a Portland Sea Dogs game with co-workers. Looking back, it's striking how basic most of these outfits are; two of them are identical except for black versus brown accessories. Over the course of the months, I've collected more accessories and learned how to use them better. I'm definitely more adventurous than I was in June.

pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

Considering this is one of my favorite shirts, it's kind of odd I've worn it only twice in the last three months. I'll definitely mix it up again, soon!

Leave Comment