Posted in , , , , , , ,

Style Student

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:04 PM


Ummm, I just realized that I must have walked around all day with that button undone. Oops.

Until a year ago, I never wore accessories. All my outfits were just a top, pants/skirt and shoes. Pretty boring. So now I'm trying to build collections of various types of accessories and figure out when and how to wear them, so I can create new outfits around the same garments.

I have a handle on belts, and I'm getting there with necklaces. I'm still trying to build my shoe wardrobe, which is complicated by the fact that shoes are difficult to thrift and pricey to buy new. I just bought my first brooch a couple of weeks ago, but I have yet to wear it.

Mastering scarves definitely will take quite a bit more work. I have trouble incorporating them into outfits that aren't completely matchy (like this pink and navy scarf with a pink dress and navy tights). And then there's the issue of figuring out how to tie them. I tried several of the methods here before settling on the chain knot. Like I said, I know how to wear a necklace. And this was essentially a scarf as a necklace, so why not?

pic name pic name

Pink shirtdress, Express (thrifted)
Silk scarf, Liberty of London (thrifted)
Navy tights, Target
Metallic flats, Bare Traps

Leave Comment