Posted in , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Red Sweater Days

Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:38 PM


J's been working weekends for a couple of months now, but he managed to switch with someone, so we took the opportunity to go to Boston, where we have a lot of friends we hadn't seen in awhile. I put together this outfit for Friday. It's just a variation of what I wore last Saturday, but it fulfilled my needs for something warm and for pants I could tuck into ice skates for some skating on Frog Pond in Boston Common. We worked up an appetite by skating several laps with a couple of friends, then visited a terrific Senegalese restaurant in the South End for dinner (more on that later).

I came across an exact replica of this shirt, which I purchased in Ohio, at a Goodwill a few weeks ago. You haven't had the chance to see my favorite part of it because on previous wearings I didn't bother with detail shots. It's subtle: diagonal stripes on the inside of the cuffs that contrast with the vertical stripes on the rest of the shirt, including the outside of the cuffs. I love little details like that.

pic name Red sweater, LOFT (consignment)
Striped shirt, Gap (thrifted)
Black skinny jeans, JCP juniors brand (thrifted)
Boots, Aerosoles


For Saturday, I repurposed the sweater and the boots:


I left my regular camera at home, so it was iPhone photos only. For most of Saturday, I wore the base of this outfit with my big houndstooth scarf and no necklace or belt. I knew I wouldn't have a chance to change at any point, and I wanted to dress more casually for brunch at a place where you're encouraged to wear pajamas (and all the staff were in PJ's), then a Bruins game. I put the necklace and belt back on for cocktails and a nice dinner with friends to dress it up a little.

We had a fantastic time but didn't get to see everyone on our list. We're already making plans to head back for Marathon weekend!

Red sweater, LOFT (consignment)
Art Deco necklace, thrifted
Gray pencil skirt, Target
Belt, from a Modcloth dress
Black tights, We Love Colors
Cashmere socks, gift
Black boots, Aerosoles
Houndstooth scarf (not pictured), thrifted

Leave Comment