Posted in , , , , ,

Philly Flashback

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 11:04 PM


This is a repeat of the outfit I wore my third day in Philadelphia last month. I didn't photograph it at the time because my dress was wrinkled, my hair was dirty and I had risen early to catch a plane after a long night of drinking and dancing at the bat mitzvah. In other words, I looked a mess. It was bad enough that the people around me had to see me like that; I wasn't about to inflict the sight on the rest of the Internet.

If you'll allow me a bit of a brag, I'm pretty good at packing for trips — I wore a different outfit every day of our 16-day European honeymoon, and I fit it all into a carry-on bag, with room left over for souvenirs. The outfit you see above combined the blazer and boots from our first day in Philly with the dress from the second day. And there were more combinations to be had if necessary.

I did have to make some modifications to accommodate the fact that we're a few hundred miles north of Philadelphia and a month deeper into winter: a second layer of tights, cashmere socks and a heavy coat atop the whole thing, whereas before the blazer was my only outerwear. That'll do when it's 55 degrees outside, but not when it's 25.

pic name pic name

Black blazer, Banana Republic (thrifted)
Pink sweaterdress, Express (thrifted)
Sweater tights, Target
Black tights (underneath), Target
Cashmere socks, gift
Boots, Aerosoles

Comments

Gray Skies

I'm seriously impressed that you packed so little for your honeymoon! And that you wore something different every day :) I tend to either over-pack or under-pack - I have yet to hit that middle ground of "just enough" on any of my trips!

thoroughlyME

It's the first time I've really hit the sweet spot on any major trip. We were on the move all the time, which would have been impossible with a heavier load. That really kept me disciplined.

Oh, and hello from the other Portland!

Leave Comment