Posted in , , , , , ,

It Started With a Belt

Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:25 PM


I knew I wanted to wear my new belt today. The metal disks of the belt reminded me of chain mail and of the metal buttons on this military-style jacket I thrifted last spring. I decided to keep with the martial theme by wearing an olive drab T-shirt underneath the jacket. The necklace I wore (which you can't really see, but it's the one in the second outfit of this post) isn't really connected. I chose it because I wanted a metal necklace that would fit into the collar of the shirt, but I suppose the bars are reminiscent of something you might see on the shoulders or collar of someone's uniform.

pic name pic name

Military blazer, Express (thrifted)
Olive T-shirt, Target
Art Deco necklace, thrifted
Black trousers, Banana Republic (eBay)
Metal belt, thrifted
Ankle boots, Macy's

Leave Comment