Wedding Photos for Our Parents

Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:05 PM

I took a snow day today. The whole state got hit with a heavy snowstorm, and I knew that my commute would be long, annoying and possibly dangerous, so I got permission to work from home. And although I knew I should get dressed to put myself in the right frame of mind for work, I stayed in the same weatpants, a T-shirt and hoodie all day.

Nevertheless, I had a fairly productive day and got a lot of writing done. But my sartorial laziness does mean I don't have an outfit post for you today. Instead, you get this.

J and I can be procastinators. When we got our six DVDs loaded with wedding photos about a year ago, we looked through them right away but then set them aside for several months. Now I've finally backed them up, ordered a wedding album for ourselves and put together prints and albums for our parents. Those prints and albums formed the bulk of our holiday gifts to our parents this year. And as of our visit to J's mother and stepfather on Monday, all the gifts have been given, so I can show them to you!

I used MyPublisher to create small albums for my parents and my mother-in-law. The software was very easy to use, and I really enjoyed designing these. We went very basic: black linen covers, standard paper and no lie-flat pages. I was happy with the quality of the printing and the paper and definitely would use MyPublisher again.

Here are some pages from the album for my parents:

Getting ready with my mother
Hello, handsome.
Portraits in an alley
Venue details
First dance and parent dances
Final page

We also ordered several individual prints thorough the Photo Market shop on Forest Avenue so our parents will have something to display on their walls and tables. These are some of the pictures for my parents and J's mother. For his father, I bought a big 20x20 frame with several matted openings and also framed a few other pictures. He was visibly moved when he opened them and later sent us an e-mail saying he couldn't stop looking at the pictures. The others also really liked their gifts. This was a lot of work to put together, but it was worth it.

Our photographer took such great pictures — I can't wait to see our album!

Leave Comment