Posted in , , , ,

Goodbye, Sweater

Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:21 PM


When I pulled out this sweater this morning, for the first time this season, I realized that I had been avoiding it subconsciously. The fit is boxy, and it requires dry cleaning. I think I'll give it one more cleaning and then donate or swap it.

This was one of a few sweaters my parents bought me for my birthday three years ago. I had just moved to Ohio two months prior, and I was struggling to put together a work wardrobe to get me through the winter. I had some warm-ish clothes for my winters in Atlanta, but nothing work-appropriate; my professional internships had all been during the summers. This sweater has served me well enough, but it's time to start looking for something more fitted to replace it.

We had a holiday potluck at the office today, so I pulled out this sweater one more time and paired it with my new wool skirt for a festive, cozy look. And because I love matchiness, I couldn't resist coordinating my outerwear with my innerwear.

pic name pic name

Sweater, Charter Club (gift) 
Wrap skirt, Talbots (thrifted) 
Tights, Target 
Cashmere socks, gift 
Boots, Aerosoles 
Scarf, a shop in Edinburgh 
Peacoat, Kenneth Cole Reaction

Leave Comment