Posted in , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

What I Wore This Week

Saturday, November 19, 2011 4:29 PM

Our new apartment is flooded with natural light. At the old place I always had to turn on a floor lamp just outside the frame, and it was still dim. We're still moving furniture around, so I had a slightly different spot and setup each day this week. I'm hoping to start doing daily outfit posts next week, including details shots, so we'll see how that goes!

Blouse, Macy's; Pants, Banana Republic (eBay); Pumps, Nine West (consignment)
The first work day after our move, my clothes were far from organized enough for me to find things easily. So I went simple, simple, simple.

Sweater, Target (thrifted); Necklace, thrifted; Skirt, Ann Taylor (eBay); Heeled loafers, Rampage (eBay)
I don't wear a lot of patterns (though I'm slowly changing that), but prepare to see a lot of polka dots, which I LOVE. In addition to the blouse and skirt in this post, I have a dress, tights, shoes and a scarf that I just thrifted last week.

Turtleneck, Target; Skirt, Modcloth; Belt, Target; Flats, Bare Traps
I know the purple-and-red color combination is often associated with the Red Hat ladies these days, but I don't care!

Blouse, New York & Co.; Belt, thrifted; Dress, Old Navy; Tights, Target; Pumps, Nine West (thrifted)
This spring we were all color blocking. According to Allie, this fall is for "monoblocking," so here's my stab at it. Yes, I own a lot of blue. I also have lots of red/burgundy clothes, but I think that would probably be too bold for an entire ensemble. Also, Target? These tights are not what I'd consider "opaque."


You can't see much of the belt here, but it's covered in sequins! I thought the sparkle made a nice contrast to the slightly severe military-style blazer.


Comments

Cynthia @ Go Chic or Go Home

How exciting that you started blogging, Susan!! Love the lighting and the outfits. :-)

thoroughlyME

Thanks, Cynthia! I plan to stay active on GCOGH, too.

Leave Comment