Posted in , , , , , , ,

New Jeans

Sunday, November 27, 2011 3:48 PM

Today I paired the two newest items in my closet.


The sweater was a birthday gift from J's grandmother, a sweetheart in her mid-80s who has dozens of grandchildren (and their spouses) and great-grandchildren to remember. It's a big family.

The jeans were my sole Black Friday purchase. I hadn't intended on shopping Friday, but then I happened to park across the street from a consignment shop when I got back from having my car's oil changed. I'm really enjoying colored bottoms. And I promise this looked less ketchup-and-mustard in real life than it did in these photos.

The photo above is what I looked like for most of the day, but there was this, too:


Both today and yesterday, I spent some time tramping around in a park full of snow, mud and standing water. I hadn't been prepared on Saturday — I was just lucky to have an extra pair of flats from Goodwill in my car. I rinsed off the mud from my $5 flats and stuffed them with paper towels to dry, and I think they'll be all right, but I'm glad I didn't have to risk my Ecco flats, which were expensive even on eBay. From now on I'm keeping these boots and some extra socks in my car for contingencies.

Sweater, Polo Ralph Lauren (gift)
Jeans, Celebrity Pink Jeans (consignment)
Socks, Target
Wedges, Bandolino (thrifted)
Boots, Target

Leave Comment